April 27th Regular Board Meeting Minutes
Minutes of The Regular Meeting of The Board of Commissioners of The Housing Authority of Champaign County
Thursday, April 27, 2023, 3:00 P.M.
- Call To Order and Roll Call
Noting that a quorum of commissioners was present, Chairman Henry called the meeting to order at 3:00 P.M.
Commissioners Present: Chairman Henry, Commissioner Obuchowski, Commissioner VanAntwerp Commissioner McFarland, Commissioner Turnbull, and Commissioner Salen.
Staff Present: Lily L. Walton, Executive Director/Secretary-Treasurer; Miguel Manero, Finance Director; Robyn Dodd, Acting Director of Housing; Stephanie Burnett, MTW &Client Outreach Manager; Deana Green, Executive Assistant, Vince Andujo, Construction Specialist; Jean Wingler, Procurement and IT Manager; DeWayne Watson, Maintenance Supervisor, Curtis Lucks, Maintenance Technician
Others Present: Hillary Ortiz, City of Urbana, and Betsy Barclay, City of Champaign
- Approval of Agenda
Commissioner Obuchowski made a motion to approve the Board of Commissioner Agenda. Commissioner McFarland seconded. All present voted affirmatively, and the motion passed.
- Public Comment on Agenda Items Only
There were no public comments made on Agenda Items Only.
- Approval of Minutes
Chairman Henry announced that the Board of Commissioners would move forward with the approval of the Board of Commissioners Regular Meeting Minutes from March 23, 2023. Commissioner Todd Salen made a motion to approve the minutes seconded by Commissioner Obuchowski. All present voted affirmatively, and the motion passed.
- New Business
- Executive Director Report
- Ms. Walton announced the new Administrative Plan for 2023.
- Ms. Walton gave an update on YouthBuild moving to a new facility and all the other great things they are doing.
- Ms. Walton gave an update on Women's History Month.
- Ms. Walton gave an update on the programs that LSS has been working on.
- Ms. Walton gave an update on the All-Staff meeting that was held on April 6th.
- Ms. Walton gave an update on the Envision Center.
- Ms. Walton gave an update on HACC presentation at the Champaign County Association of Realtors that took place one April 20, 2023
- Ms. Walton gave an update on the Oakwood Trace bike riding project.
- Departmental Reports
There were no items needed to discuss on the Departmental Reports.
- Approval of Financial Reports
March Cash Disbursements & Detailed Check Listing.
- Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items
There were no Public Comments.
- Closed Session
There were no items to discuss for Closed Session.
At 3:35 PM, the meeting was adjourned.