Classification: Accounting Analyst
Supervisor: Director of Finance
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Supervision Exercised: None
Revision Date: March 2023
The primary objective of this position is to assist the Director of Finance in the administration of the financial management with emphasis on the YouthBuild program.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Accounts Payable
- Inputs YouthBuild accounts payable invoices into the computer system.
- Prepares the YouthBuild ACH Deposits and/or checks for payment of invoices.
- Prepares the ACH Deposits and/or checks of the YouthBuild Participants.
- Prepares and obtains approval of check execution system reports from the Director of Finance.
- Budget and Reporting Management
- Assists Director of Finance and YouthBuild Director in Budget Preparation and Revisions.
- Evaluates financial budgets and tracks expenses.
- Assists Director of Finance with Internal and External Reporting.
- Document Integrity
- Organizes the filing system of the YouthBuild related documents.
- Assumes responsibility for having the filing up to date.
- Assumes responsibility for record keeping of stipends, bonuses, and any other payments to YouthBuild Participants.
- Deals with participants direct deposits paperwork.
- Other Responsibilities
- Assist the Director of Finance with any other Accounting and Administrative duties that may be required.
Responsibility for Relationships
- Frequent contact with YouthBuild Staff to receive updated information from program participants.
- Occasional phone and personal contact with staff of other departments to obtain additional documentation for support of payment and coordinate activities.
- Occasional phone contact with vendors to clarify invoices or to discuss payments.
- Occasional written and phone contact with fund-providing entities for the purpose of clarification on accounting and reporting issues.
- Occasional contact for financial matters with YouthBuild grant partnerships.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Considerable knowledge of bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Considerable ability to perform detailed work rapidly and accurately.
- Considerable ability to effectively organize work and systemize procedures.
- Considerable ability to work independently.
- Considerable ability to work with details.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform data entry.
- Ability to compose memos, letters, and reports.
- Ability to interact with external third parties.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Work is generally performed in a comfortable office environment. Assigned tasks are generally carried out while seated at a desk or in meeting rooms.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or related is preferred.
- At least four years of bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Ability to work with computers using word processing and spreadsheet applications is a must.