Human Resources Coordinator
Classification: Coordinator, Human Resources
Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
Position Status: Exempt
Revision Date: February 3, 2023
The primary role of this position is to aid with and facilitate the human resource processes, including but not limited to recruitment, onboarding, and various HR compliance initiatives. This role plans employee events, resolves benefit-related questions and ensures effective use of the plans, aids in ensuring positive employee relations, handles file maintenance and maintains the HRIS. The Human Resources Coordinator makes certain that HR-related functions are administered in accordance with federal, state and local laws and regulations as well as HACC policies and practices. Work is confidential in nature, requiring strong knowledge of the HR function and communication skills.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with leaders to understand skills, knowledge, and abilities required for openings.
- Conducts the pre-employment process to include the preparation and submission of new hire letters and packages; acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Negotiates and secures temporary labor when necessary.
- Administers benefit and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Administers all company leave of absence programs, particularly FMLA administration and tracking.
- Works closely with leaders and employees to create a positive employee experience.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Assists leaders with the performance review process, processing terminations, and recruiting and hiring responsibilities.
- Supports and enhances a sense of belonging with employee, client, and community members interactions.
- Works toward equity and our agency's commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Responsible for various HR programs, including tracking HACC's recognition program.
- Partners with Finance to maintain payroll, timekeeping, and employee data via the HRIS.
- Working with Finance, manages and processes employee bi-weekly payroll, including processing all earnings deductions and garnishments.
- Completes I-9 forms, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Maintains records, both in print and electronically.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits, and other HR programs and recommends corrective action as needed.
- Compiles and analyzes various reports that may include a hiring status report, required governmental reports, and other people's reports as needed by the organization.
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Complies with federal, state, and local laws and regulations; implements changes when necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Works with the leadership team to complete public relations activities.
- Assists the CEO and other leaders with special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of Human Resources.
- Ability to demonstrate and exemplify HACC's values - CHAMPIONS (Collaborative, Holistic, Accountable, Magnanimous, Philanthropic, Innovate, Open, Neighborly, Service Oriented)
- Thorough knowledge of the federal and state laws and regulations as they relate to Human Resources functions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demands.
- Ability to cultivate and develop inclusive and equitable working relationships with employees, clients, and community members.
- Ability to compile and analyze data. • Ability to prepare reports and correspondence.
- Holds oneself personally responsible for one's own work - accepts responsibility for actions and adjusts behavior accordingly.
- Demonstrates willingness to request, receive, and provide feedback.
- Demonstrates sound reasoning and critical thinking by making decisions aligned with the organization's direction and expectations.
- Exhibits openness and objectivity to others' views and is aware of own personal bias.
- Demonstrates relationship building and the ability to connect with residents, community partners, Board members, and employees of the agency.
- Demonstrates the ability to create a productive and positive team environment.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Assigned tasks are generally carried out in a stationary position. Sitting, standing, and kneeling are typical daily movements.
- Work is performed in an office environment and, on occasion, outdoors.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and via email and telephone.
- Occasional travel by personal automobile within the local area is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration from an accredited college or university.
- 3-5 years of experience in a role that performs several Human Resources functions.
- Demonstrated computer skills with the Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Ability to learn other computer software programs as required, including payroll and/or HRIS.
- Certification in Human Resources preferred.
- Must be bondable.
- Valid State Issued Driver's License and be insurable on HACC or related affiliate commercial insurance policy.
- Full-time use of personal vehicle.